Thursday, 13 September 2007

Part time job

Little time for jcrpg nowadays. Yet working on it. I've added some new bumps to the ground (looks less bare, yet you can turn it off for less stress on GPU), grass to the mountain slopes, little changes here and there. After that I've started working on water concept of jcrpg. Thinking first about it, and some very little programming too.

3 comments:

Paul said...

Managed to batch together differently bumped tiles with same texture. This means a bit more of optimization for the bumped tiles.

Paul said...

Revisited non-lod tree non-detailed. A bit more performance for the low-end. Will get into waters now ...seriously! ;-D

Paul said...

### Performance configuration ###

### RENDER ###

RENDER_DISTANCE=60
VIEW_DISTANCE=30


### TEXTURE ###

MIPMAP_GLOBAL=false
TEXTURE_QUALITY=0
MIPMAP_TREES=false

BUMPED_GROUND=true

RENDER_GRASS_DISTANCE=0
ANIMATED_GRASS=true
DOUBLE_GRASS=false

ANIMATED_TREES=true
DETAILED_TREES=false

BLOOM_EFFECT=true

SHADOWS=false
RENDER_SHADOW_DISTANCE=10

ANTIALIAS_SAMPLES=0


This config eats around 200MB memory and it gives an FPS of around 30 in 1024x768 on my gf 6200Go, with bloom effect on.

Twitter