Tuesday 7 October 2008

[EDIT] Money donations reached limit - lead dev will purchase an AMD ATi card

This thread and this older discussion (MacOSX part) is pushing me to purchase a video card that otherwise I wouldn't buy (an AMD Sapphire Radeon HD3450 256MB DDR2 PCIe). (I mostly buy nVidia to make life easier as a linux user.) If you want to support the project's development and testing on AMD/ATi cards then consider donating some bucks with paypal. That way you can make me believe that there's a chance that open source development can nullify costs with the help of Free Open Source Software loving people and also I could continuously test the game on AMD/ATi cards. :) The project hasn't got any donations yet, but this is the first purchase that I would do only because of the project's need. The card would cost around 42$ or 30 Euros so the bar isn't raised too high. I do have that amount of money, but that purchase would represent my personal need only. Instead, let's see the real need of the project by own as you'll or will not show it to us. Can you people jump over that bar? I bet so (I'm superoptimistic)! :)

PS: As a first step I will add donation listing here in form of comments. (I plan to create a full list of donators as well.) First I will add them without name. If the person is willing to be listed with some kind of name (real or not), please drop me an email to illespal at gmail dot com with your real name (that should be in my paypal transaction log) so that I can verify, and add the name requested by you to the list of Donators. (It will be added to the SVN as well and to the releases.)

EDIT:
The donations have reached the limit needed for the video card and even got over it just in 5 hours!! (Read comments.) Big thanks to our first donators in the history of jClassicRPG!! I will buy the card in my favorite store.

5 comments:

pzi said...

I will add donation listing here in form of comments. First I will add them without name. If the person is willing to be listed with some kind of name (real or not), please drop me an email to illespal at gmail dot com with your real name (that should be in my paypal transaction log) so that I can verify, and add the name requested by you to the list of Donators. (It will be added to the SVN as well and to the releases.)

pzi said...

1st donation was from Spain (I will add name only if I have the consent of donator in email): $5

So far we have 5 dollars out of the 42$ limit!

This is superb, thank you very much!! I didn't expect this to happen so fast!!

pzi said...

2nd donation: $50 from Enrico Zschemisch, Germany

Gee, thanks so much, Enrico!!

Wow, this was superfast, half day and we jumped over that bar!! I'm really happy about you people! You again help keeping my and probably others' faith in the FOSS development model's economy!

I'll create a list of donators in SVN soon!

qubodup said...

O_o I thought it was "j"ClassicRPG. ^^

pzi said...

Okay, got allowance to give the name of 1st donation - it was sent by Juan Carlos "Furor" from Spain! Thanks Furor, much appreciated!!

Twitter